So, I’m here, in Paris! I tried to do real journaling, like with a pen and paper, but I got super tired and just wanted to type it. It just seems easier, which is kinda pathetic, but oh well. I’ve never really been a journal girl, especially since I was little and EJ would steal and read all my journal entries… haha.
I’m waiting for Julie to arrive from her flight from SF. Its about 2 hours after mine, but I couldn’t be more excited to see her! I sat down, got situated and realized that I have no idea what hostel I booked us at. I know that it is in Rouen somewhere, but I don’t want to pay 9 bucks for 30 minutes of internet at the airport to find out the name, so I’m just going to have to figure out these minor details later. Ha.
When I got to DIA, I thought I was going to Pittsburg. Wrong. I was flying to Philadelphia (in Pennsylvania… J) and I was happily waiting at the gate when I got to see Mr. Kalush (heading to NY with a sweet camera) and Mollie (heading to Madrid!). Then I
looked down at my ticket and realized not only was I flying to Philly & not Pittsburg, but that my flight was pretty much about to take off, and I was at the wrong gate. So I ran to the gate, quickly boarded, and then had a fun adventure trying to find a place to put my carry on bag since there was no room left. The two flight attendants, both male and both so effeminate that I couldn’t help but LOVE them, helped me out and then told me about how much they LOOOOVe paris and how lucky that I was. I sat next to this nice girl Alexa who goes to USD with Molls and EmJ and is studying in Madrid in the same program as Mollie! Small world, and at our layover, I met a bunch of her friends. They were all so sweet, maybe I should study with them in Madrid instead. (calm down Kira, I’m not actually going to leave France for your country, but we can go together in a few months!)… By the way, the airport in Philadelphia, is not an airport. It is like a luxurious mall, probably opened last week because it is so modern and clean! They had a Gap, a BOSE audio, every imaginable awesome smelling food place, and was probably 8 miles long ( b/c we walked from terminal A to E, which was like 8 miles.).
Boarded my flight to CDG, and slept about 5 of the 6 ½ hours. I met a girl next to me named Kelsey heading to study also outside of Paris, and we ventured through the airport together. Now I’m here at terminal 2E waiting for Jules! I hope that she doesn’t like walk right past me because I’m too busy typing away, but I don’t think that will happen. When I got here, I got the world’s smallest coffee… maybe 4 oz for the incredibly good deal of 4 Euros… so like 6 bucks. But, I didn’t even care because it was delicious and I’m currently running on like 0 energy, other than pure excitement to be here. I also enjoyed my Chipotle, hauled all the way here from the original Chipotle in Denver (which may I mention, I got 100% fo free by pure luck—right Minu?). I should finish eating it like now-ish since its traveled the whole world and is likely not very fresh anymore). But I still thought it was delicious. Who would have ever guessed I’d be sitting in Paris, eating Chipotle?! All I have to say, is I can’t complain much b/c I’m sure one lucky girl! (P.S. IC is relatively high here. AC is low- just me, Oohmy sort of, BC is off the charts! You know what I mean?)
Lugging my 140 lbs of luggage around has been quite interesting, though in the terminal they provide free luggage carts. In the train is when it gets a bit challenging. But hey, these guns can handle anything. Shoot, I wish I hadn’t just typed that. How embarrassing. Anyways, I’m just sooo excited to be here in FRANCE. When I hear people speaking French, I just want to follow them and listen to them talk, but then I realize how incredibly creepy that is, so don’t worry loves, I don’t do that.
But then I was talking to this girl, and she started speaking rapid French to me—I totally understood her but just froze and didn’t respond. She, being all worldy and multi-lingual, quickly responded in English and was like OH sorry, I didn’t realize you weren’t French. Ha, now I look French! YAY! I told her I understood her, but that I’m not fluent. She was really sweet though. I’m doing my best to remember all the things Kennelly, Thompson, and Samson taught me… Maybe I’ll only speak French to Julie when she gets here. Probably not, I think she’ll be here soon! I’m stoked! (as if I hadn’t already mentioned that).
It’s totally crazy to know that a whole school, dorm, and group of friends awaits us just an hour away. People and places that we haven’t ever met or experience, all of which are going to become integral parts of our lives for the next 4 months!! Its so exhilarating to know that everything is blank and we can fill in all the colors and experiences as we go. I have yet to see the Eiffel Tower, and oh how I can’t wait. Ok wow, I just saw two of the most manly men kiss each other on the cheeks to say hello. I forgot how culturally different it is here!! Dude, blogging is fun! I think I’ll keep doing it while I’m here since its just like stream of consciousness talking and I can say whatever I want! I hope that I have more viewers than like Kira and my Mom (though I love you both immensely and thank you for reading about my life!)
Okay, I’m going to go wait for Julianne! A tout à l’heure mes amis!

Hey, I'm reading your entries too!! (not just your old journals :) I know you're going to have a great time. Try and call me soon if you don't have to take out a loan to do it.
ReplyDeleteEJ
Hahah- Please juss remain calm. I'm also a viewer. I also enjoy cold n old chipotle as well. Remember we had it the next day at my crib? Better yet, remember when you dropped a gain of rice in my car and searched extensively to find it and eat it??
ReplyDeletehahahahahah
-Minesh
minu it was a kernel of corn that i searched for. haha
ReplyDelete