Monday, August 31, 2009

Off to PARIS!

And SO, my journey to France has begun. I left this morning at the beautiful hour of 6am to get to the airport. The sun was a breathtaking deep red color, but the sky was gloomy. I didn't get to say goodbye to the Colorado Mtns, but I know they'll be there when I come back. I'm also stoked for Sushi Den when I get back- they're opening a new Sushi Deli thing across the street, basically monopolizing Pearl Street entirely, but I'm stoked about it. Tazu one of the co-owners told us about it at my fabulous dinner with my mom last night. It couldn't have been a more perfect day!

As I drove to the airport, I thought, maybe I should video this journey and make a sweet video like Kira did when she went to Madrid. Then I remembered I have no idea how to do that. Hey Kira will you teach me someday haha or maybe I'll just pay you to follow me around like a reality tv show celeb. :)

So I'm off to Paris with 2 huge bags (both miraculously under 50 lbs)... 10, okay 11 .. pairs of shoes, a lot of purple (and turquoise and pink) clothes, a Chipotle for the plane, and of course, my yoga mat. I was so sad to leave Core Power yoga yesterday, but I completed my 30 day yoga challenge, so that was awesome! I was so sad to leave actually, that I might have cried a bit in savasana. I know, I'm lame, but I just love being on my mat so much!

Next time I blog, I'll be with Julie in France! I'm excited to see her! We have like 4 plans of trying to meet up with each other while at the CDG b/c we won't have cell phones. I'm sure we'll be resourceful and figure it out though, and then head off to Rouen. In the first scene of the movie Julie and Julia, they eat dinner in Rouen, so I'm going to search for that restaurant. Oh french food, I'm so excited to have it in my belly! MMm!

Flight's about to board. I hope there are no weird complications as I go. Cross my fingers. A tout a l'heure toute la monde! France here I come!!


4 comments:

  1. ummm yes. can I be your photographer?? Just as long as I can put it on my resume - maybe I'll get credit for it and just study abroad with you!
    Good luck my dear!!! I can't wait to hear what it's like!
    okay, so I just want you to know that I have full intentions on attacking your blog on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I thought I left this before but it looks like it didn't save. Anyway, we went to France years ago with Larry and had a great time. Get down to Provence if you can. Bon voyage.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you find the restaurant where Julia and Paul dined in Rouen yet??? Can't wait to hear all about everything...

    ReplyDelete