Thursday, October 1, 2009

Paris, le premier fois


And so we went to Paris for the first real time, with many more trips already planned. We were only there for about two days, but just long enough to catch up with my love Em J! It was a high school reunion plus I love her so much it was great to see her!!

Anyways, Julie and I went to see the Eiffel Tower at night. Above is the light show which goes off every hour and people from all around the world come to see! It was beautiful! And I was scammed into getting an eiffel tower statue that lights up (or maybe I just really wanted one... haha)!!





Then the next day we explored some Parisian markets. We stopped at Montmartre, enjoyed crepes and fun cobble stoned streets line with artists, and then saw an entire view overlooking all of Paris!!

We went to Le Sacre-Coeur, one of the most beautiful churches in the world. I wanted to go to confession there but was worried I'd have to speak 100% in french, and so I freaked out and decided not to. Maybe they'll speak English
at the Vatican? Anyways, this church interior had breath-taking stained glass and sculptures. The gold foiling on the halos of the angels and saints was mesmerizing and shine so magnificently! I cannot explain how much I loved this church, we just sat forever taking in its beauty and holiness. (No pictures are allowed in the interior, so I can't share with you, I'm sorry!) As you can see, the building itself is breathtaking as well!!

Spent as much time as possible with my Em and then headed to the airport for another overnight-er...

No comments:

Post a Comment